As a meticulous home owner, choosing the right elements that will keep your home functioning well can sometimes be difficult. One of the most crucial things we need to purchase is a home radiator to always keep our homes toasty. The heat provided by radiators is safe and effective. Choosing a radiator over electric heaters is a great way to save up some money in the long run.
There are many types of radiators found in the market today. However, cast iron radiators are still commonly used in a number of household in the UK. They have been used to keep the household warm and cosy since the middle of the nineteenth century. However, when it is compared to its counterparts, it still proved to be the best choice because of its efficiency and aesthetic appeal.
- Excellent heat conductor for larger spaces – cast iron radiators are more reliable because they provide adequate heat to comfortably warm large-spaced establishments, such as churches, barns, and warehouses. Although it takes longer for a cast iron radiator to heat up, it can retain heat much longer than other types of radiators.
- Even heat distribution – since the heat output is determined by the total surface area, the heat provided by cast iron radiators are distributed more evenly and efficiently. They are also known to provide better air quality in homes.
- Timeless design – its timeless design can definitely bring a classic appeal to your living space.
- Customisation – you can have your cast iron radiator custom-built according to your desired size, heat output, design, and colour. Although you can repaint a modern radiator, the finish look is not as amazing as the cast iron radiators unless you will have it sprayed at an extra fee.
- Cleanliness – they are easy to clean because cast iron radiators are less likely to create condensation or dampness. This problem is more common with the modern heating systems.
- Reduced risks – Unlike its modern heating counterparts which are riskier due to complex mechanism, cast iron radiators have a simpler mechanism and are proven not to pose any health risks.